I thought up until this point that I would at least have two more classes with some of my students before they get paid to return to their hometowns to recruit more students for next year. But yesterday in class when I said I would see them next week, some said, "actually, teacher, we have no class next week."
so for the first time in my life I thought, "No! We can't have a week off! I need to see them one more time, please!" Isn't that the craziest thing you've ever heard? The dean confirmed that I don't teach next week.
So how crazy is that? Have you ever spurned a vacation? Even in the days when I was paid by the hour and I needed hours, I still thought it worth it to have a week off once in a while, I only regretted not making money. But this time money didn't enter my consideration until hours later. I would work extra next week just to see all my students together again, even though I'm way behind on work and running out of time to do a lot of things and recently I even thought I wanted a vacation. Crazy, eh?
1 comment:
aw rachael- wow, that's crazy to hear u get a week off.. it's all a part of his plan, maybe u can hang with us on new campus- we'd love ur presence there and maybe he has cool plans for u :) love youuu
Post a Comment