Wednesday, November 4, 2009

The Inspired Life

I got all exited about book covers last night, well, Monday night and stayed up designing in a cover for my novel.

When I think about writing I remember something Laura said last year. When she got the opportunity to practice dancing on campus, she said she felt the Father telling her he loves her.

That's how I feel writing. You can see Him reflecting in your life by what he made you good at

Here's the process I used to make the cover. No photoshop involvement, just MS paint and an obscure program called photosoap.
crop to novel dimensions

labor-intensive airbrushing

even more labor-intensive

more contrast, different hue, then less color and darker = goal to make you feel like something is wrong, out of place (exile, get it?)

adding text, at the mercy of MS paint
I just needed some labor intensive text decorations
erase, crop, color/brightness/contrast change

split them into two different images and rotate. mess with colors again


look where I put them. They were worth it.
enlarge, stretch and move text. add byline.

This final looked too depressing so I changed the text to white


















available at amazon.com


just kidding!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

That's pretty cool! Good job : )

Laura said...

I'll be looking for your book at Amazon! ;)