Wednesday, July 15, 2009

Just to be honest.

There's another amazing thing about God. I think you've probably discovered this a few times, too. That he reaches through and shows you he cares even when you're actively trying to be unfaithful.
I was very committed to being unfaithful today. I didn't do my devotional. I only read one chapter of the big book so I could eat breakfast. I did the housework and spent the rest of the day on Spore and the baby. My to-do list is untouched. I blatantly disregarded what's good for my health. So you wouldn't think that I would be blessed today, but I was. When I read my friends' status, most of them were encouragingly spiritual.
People who know me know that the one and only struggle I actually have is the war with self-destruction. So the miracle of the day and really every day for me is God overcoming that. I've seen other people battle with other things and I've been so offended to see him helping them out, too. I've thought things like, "But she's so selfish and disobedient, how could so much just get handed to her? She's consciously sinning! She sins against me," years ago. It's still difficult mediating between my convictions and understanding of other people.

No comments: