Here in America, the first two weeks or December are heavily booked, once again. This week I passed up an art show and a caroling expedition. But I did do a cookie exchange.
What surprised me was how nourishing it was.
I knew cookie exchanges are a rite passage, in a way, for females. In the last five years of being both an adult and a member of this fellowship, I've never been to one.
For some reason I was surprised by the devotional and the encouraging discussion. It brought to light just how supportive that group of sisters has been and how thankful I am to be a part of it.
Visitors from afar
-
I have lived the past 11 years away from family-- four years in Virginia,
two years in China, 3 years in Indiana, and now over a year and a half in
Califor...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment