Urbana had some painful good things and some not so painful good things. I got engaged. I was encouraged by seeing people I missed and connected with.
Reentry is not fun. The experience we go through often feels like responsibly putting a book in the bottom level of a very tall bookshelf when suddenly, the whole thing breaks, showering you with monster leather volumes and the whole oak case, itself. Sometime it feels like carrying a mass of bags that after much careful organization, each rip open just as you finish cleaning up the last spill.
Sometimes it feels like being one of the sheets of metal in the how-a-tuba-is-made video and you're getting pounded and pounded.
I'm returning to the stressful world that comes after Urbana. It's cold, it's tempting and I feel really bad today. I feel once again as thought my walk toward the Boss consists of one painful process after another.
Visitors from afar
-
I have lived the past 11 years away from family-- four years in Virginia,
two years in China, 3 years in Indiana, and now over a year and a half in
Califor...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment