Monday, July 13, 2009

Day of much needed encouragement

There you go. Three random pictures from China. Today was a successful day. Today I didn't succeed in finding a fellowship to call or a place to get counseling. I didn't make my video and I didn't upload my infamous PRC video to facebook (but it was because of copyright issues. I reworded that from something else. Some word combinations really shouldn't come right after PRC)
But I did accomplish greater things. I excercized, finally. I did a quiet time, and most importantly, I was encouraged. Not only was I there with the big guy during my quiet time, but I also got to hear from my Platypi and be encouraged by them.

I replayed the mini-hope from debriefing for my quiet time and asked some big questions. Mainly, will I go back to China as planned? Rather than getting a long-awaited "yes" or even a devastating "no," I just tried to be quiet. And I tried to say it was ok if it was no. I imagined him saying no. If I had to stay in places where I was miserable or not feeling useful or welcome or safe. I finally said it would be ok and I just wanted to be where I would be closest to him.


that's never really happened before. The other great thing that happened today was being able to talk to my team mates. And finally, today I answered my mom's email. I still feel a little sick from the stress that always surrounds communicating with my mother. I'm going to bed soon and it doesn't feel like a failure of a day.

2 comments:

jodi said...

aw rachael- i'm glad that he's revealing things and blessing u in small ways.. i'm SO thankful for technology.. if u can.. get oovoo so we can group video chat :) i love reading ur blogs- now you're the laura that posts almost everyday in american ;) haha thinking of u!

rbrzys said...

I need to post everyday or I'll imagine hitting some slippery slope.