Saturday, August 1, 2009

I'm on a boat?

Another thing to add to my "Good Morning, Lucy" video I want to make, or at least think about making.
The boat video. I first saw it yesterday.
Here's what I have to say
1) Swearing, eh.
2) it was a pretty well done parody, except it wasn't a parody. If was supposed to be a serious original song, it lacks a few things, but done as a comedy and making no pretense of having substance in its own right, it's a talented work. I hesitate to call it "good."
3) Does anyone else immediately think of Tom Green's "the bum bum song (lonely swedish)" when they hear the first three lines of the refrain?
4) finally, it's another aspect of living in the world. There are a lot of funny things in the world and it's a huge tightrope walk (or a knife edge watch) having and exemplary life without excluding people and what matters to them.

No comments: