
Well that's funny. I uploaded the wrong picture. I fasted starting on Friday and today, the fifth day, I couldn't take it any more. I ate some semisolid refried beans and drank some milk. That's some inadequate 500 calories. I found I've been doing it for too many reasons and too many of the wrong ones. Part of it was stubbornness. My brother-in-law told me that if I was going to stick around, I needed to find a job and pay for food and electricity, so I responded with utmost noverbal sarcasm by refusing to eat his food. Needless to say, it was a much harder fast than the one I experienced at age 19. By the end of that fast I lasted 7 days while still doing school and laborious work, plus I had gone 1-day then 2-day then 3-day then 4-day then 5-day then 6-day before starting the 7-day fast. It was actually the first season of unbelievable growth and closeness to the Father.
This time there were some eternal benefits. I was able to lift up a lot of people and feel very much in need of the great Creator.
Anyway, I'm going to go a few more days and probably transition to at least liquids.
No comments:
Post a Comment