It's weird to go from the cast-out black sheep to the "good one" in one conversation, but somehow I managed. Last night I was counting off how many times I've been kicked out of homes or organizations (in the past six years.) I was thinking this way because I was expecting a passive-aggressive and recently violent fight I was having to lead to exile number seven.
I ended up talking to the owner of the second home from which I was booted.
"I think they're going to kick me out. I broke a mirror," I said.
She was shocked. I tried saying, "I've been kicked out of many places," But glossed over it because it wasn't the point of the conversation.
I explained how I was frustrated and she said she understood, and she was proud of my accomplishments and sacrifice. It was the last place I expected to find support.
The other two girls from the same home are having a lot of difficulties, and have for years. I think now that they lost more than I did when I had to go away. And I'm not the black sheep, at least not in that family, after all. It was the most encouraging thing I've learned in a while.
Visitors from afar
-
I have lived the past 11 years away from family-- four years in Virginia,
two years in China, 3 years in Indiana, and now over a year and a half in
Califor...
11 years ago
No comments:
Post a Comment