Thursday, October 8, 2009

Hmmm, how do I cross cultures? #165

Here's something that sets this fish tank apart from the last one I lived in: exercise. I think I'm at an all time low for activity unless I try really hard to get it in. Last year I could easily lap the school when I was restless. I could also go to my office for an easy ten flight of stairs. Even during my senior year of college I walked an hour or two a day to work or class. Here, there aren't even sidewalks, so I convinced my sister to get an elliptical. In China sports were for everybody. We ran two miles together in the morning, the favorite pastime was badminton and walking was really fun and necessary. But here in the U.S., we don't seem to have it ingrained into life. I miss it.

No comments: